In order to authenticate or legalize a document the following steps must be taken:
- The document should be notarized.
- The notarized document should be taken to the local court house or county registrar office to obtain a notary certification. This notary certification confirms that the notary public that endorsed the document is authorized to do so in your state.
- The document should be submitted to the Secretary of State to obtain verification of the county clerk’s signature.
- The document should be taken to the relevant embassy or consulate for the apostille seal.
- Some countries require the document to be submitted for verification to the State Department before obtaining the apostille seal.
We can provide you with full service assistance in the authentication, legalization, and apostille process.